Thursday, March 17, 2011

No Pinching Here!

Collins was ready for St. Patrick's Day! We aren't Irish, but it was too cute not to get! Plus, I didn't want my baby getting pinched! haha We had a fun day in our green!



We have been so blessed with visitors. I truly look forward to these special visits, because 1) I love spending time with dear friends and family and 2) I can't wait for them to meet or see Collins! The sweet Heil family came over on Wednesday night and I was so excited to see them. When they left Trent and I both said that we want our little family to be just like them. The Heils are such a sweet Christian family and it's evident how much they love one another. I was Jake's teacher this year for social studies and he is the sweetest young boy. He treats his classmates with respect and everyone loves him. I hope Collins grows up to be just like Jake! Thank you Heil family for spending time with us!



Erin's sweet gift to the baby. He loves his monkey buddy!

Jake's awesome gift for Collins. He loves them already! hehe


Mamie and Papa flew in yesterday for Collins' baptism this weekend! They have been in in Naples for their yearly winter get away. Seeing them meet Collins for the first time was a moment I'll never forget. Mamie had tears in her eyes and Papa had the biggest smile on his face. I'm so glad that they are here to celebrate with us!




Melisa-Beth said yes! We asked her last night to pray about being (I cooked her a chicken parmesan dinner...turned out good!) Collins' godmother and she only needed a second! She knew in her heart that she would be able to pray for him his entire life and help him grow in his Christian faith. For the longest time I have admired my sister's faith. Her relationship with the Lord started at an early age and I too wanted to feel the same love. It took me a little longer to find this, but I'm here now and I am so thankful to have my own relationship. I always knew He loved me! Although we've already started reading bible stories every day, I look forward to teaching Collins about God's word and helping him find direction for his own little life with the help of the Bible. It will be so special to have my little sister up at the baptismal font with me. I know I'll be a crying mess!!
Reading our letter to her. :)



So, I'm looking forward to such a fun and beautiful weekend. Trent's entire family is driving in and we appreciate this so much. Papaw Doug's team is in the Final Four tihs weekend in Indiana and they are still making the trip. It means so much!

Oh, and go UK!
Have a good weekend!
Love,
Maegan

PS: Some faves of mine! Not hard to find when I take 400 a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment