1. We stayed in Lexington for Christmas Eve. We always go to the candlelight service together and my favorite part is singing Silent Night amongst the glow of the candles. I had tears in my eyes this year as Trent held the sleeping baby and I held Collins' candle. I know just how full Mary's heart felt. Mine was overflowing with love and joy for my new little family...what a precious gift from God.
|Sitting like a big boy before church! :) He's never sat on the pew before...he's normally a lap sitter!|
2. After dinner, we headed home for presents! (My family has always done presents on Christmas Eve and Santa gifts are always Christmas morning.) We had a birthday party for Jesus too with a Pinterest (I'm obsessed) peppermint ice cream cake. This is my favorite pic of him by the tree, just trying so hard to get that silly ribbon off. :)
3. Family pics! I just love how our family is growing. I LOVE loud and crazy homes! Christmas was way more fun with a little one around. Is it weird that I enjoyed opening his gifts more than mine?
4. A few of the special gifts. :) It was a crafty Christmas for us girls and I'm thinking of doing the same next year! I had a lot of fun making the gifts and was very impressed with my sister's craftiness. :)
|A sign that I made for my momma to hold all of her love letters from Collins and future grandkiddos!|
|Aunt Sis made this for our home. It's incredible. First you see Collins' sweet little face and behind it, is music from our wedding, "The Prayer." Such a thoughtful gift...tears were flowing!|
|Sissy made this for me!! I LOVE!!! :)|
|I made this for my sissy. We are doing the ACTS bible study together at BSF. I wrote my favorite verse along the edges.|
5. A couple pics of some other fun gifts. :)
|For Collins' trips to BeeBee's!|
|The boys will each have a golf set at their home for teaching Collins how to play!|
6. Santa came!! :) Collins woke up right on time and even though he has no clue what's going on, I was so excited to show him the fireplace!! The carrots and cookies were gone and there were more gifts for the little guy. He crawled right over to his new little green bike. :)
|Inside of his actvity tent...no girls allowed. :)|
|In our Kelly's Kids clothes. :) You will always be my baby boy!|
|Our lil family of 3!|
7. We traveled to Bloomington Christmas Day and had a wonderful time celebrating with Trent's family. Trent's family is always so warm and welcoming. Collins is so blessed to have 4 grandparents that love him dearly! ....and a 6 year old who could be his mom!
|Kennedi and Collins! Kissing cousins!|
|Sweet Vicki. Thank you for everything!!|
|Papaw Doug with his little ones.|
8. Snow!!! Yes, I LOVE snow. We got a couple inches while we were in Bloomington and I was so excited. Collins watched it fall to the ground for a good 15 minutes. It was beautiful.
|Their little hands :)|
9. My very special grandparents from Michigan drove in to celebrate Christmas with us. They hadn't seen Collins since the summer Kiawah trip, so they were amazed by how big he's gotten! He warmed up to them quickly and had fun showing them his wild man tendencies. ;)
|Too cute!! My Aunt Lisa got this for my mom. He kind of is a BIG deal around here. hehe|
|We love to match. :)|
|Thank you Mamie and Papa for the wagon!! We can't wait to go on walks!|
10. As 2011 comes to a close, I just wanted to mention how thankful I am for my friends and my family. They have shown so much love to Collins and as a parent, nothing means more. Everyone enjoy the last day in 2011 and I'll see you in 2012! :)
Thank you God for all you've given us...especially your Son!