Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Collins' Two Week Check-Up!

My baby is already two weeks old! While this makes me wish time would slow down, I have had a blast every day with my little one. He changes every day...whether it's his tummy growing bigger, his eyes opening up more, his fingernails growing, or his cute little cheeks fattening up. It's been a joy to watch him grow and I know we have SO much to look forward to!

Collins had his two week check up today with Dr. Warner and he is a big boy! Last week he was 7 pounds and 7 ounces and today he was 8 pounds and 2 ounces! He's a good eater! For his length he is in the 70th percentile, his weight is in the 45th percentile, and his head is in the 25th percentile. He is a long baby (like his daddy!) and I'm so glad he doesn't have my enormous head. :) Dr. Warner checked his bilirubin levels again (for jaundice) and they've gone down from 13.7 to 12.2! His umbilical cord came off while we were there too! Dr. Warner cleaned it all up and put a bandaid over it so the skin will heal. The bandaid looks enormous! It's going to be the cutest bellybutton in the world! No, I didn't keep it, but I thought about it. :) I did take pictures!!

I'm a big boy!


I'm a wiggler!


So, on Facebook I had mentioned that Trent and I put Collins in his crib for the first time two nights ago. I cried and cried. It was SO hard to not have him in the room with us, but mommy and daddy were exhausted! He makes the cutest sounds all night and it was just keeping us up. Plus, I constantly check on him! So, we decided that in order to be the best parents we can be, we need sleep. Collins slept for 4-5 hours at a time in his crib and I was so proud of him! Of course I watched the monitor for awhile, but I still got more sleep. I'll post pics later of his really neat monitor...I can watch him LIVE!

Sleepy Daddy and baby...


I don't think I've mentioned before that Collins does not cry but maybe once every day. If he does, it's for 30 seconds and then he shakes it off! He gets this patience and calm from his daddy. He is such a sweet baby and I have to be on top of my game to know when to feed him, etc....because he never cries to let me know! Could be why he almost gained a whole pound in a week! :)

I saw this shirt at GAP and it was a must. I don't normally choose graphic tees, but for a baby this was too cute.

FEED ME!!


Love,
Maegan

PS: A couple more pics of visitors! Thank you for coming!!!!
Sara and Collins!


Jen and Collins!

1 comment:

  1. just came across your blog! its gorgeous! i love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete