Monday, October 17, 2011

Susan G. Komen Race Day!

Well, out of the 18 or so friends that were there...one of us raced. :) hehe We are a focused team of walkers and talkers, so running is just out of the question. ha!

What a beautiful, chilly day it was! There were pink ponytails, pink mustaches (!!), pink eyelashes, pink dogs...pink anything and everything. Our team name is P.I.N.K. It stands for Partners IN Kneeling. My sister and I came up with this team name the first year (2007) and it still stands strong. We are partners in prayer, because we know that nothing is impossible for our Lord.

While I know it's hard for my Mom to relive the tough moments of her cancer, I think she felt the abundance of love and support that was radiating around her. These friends have been there for her through it all and when I mean it 'all', there's a lot when it comes to cancer. I remember the friend that shaved mom's hair, the friend that sent Mom a card EVERY day from the beginning of her cancer to the end, and the friend that didn't let go of me when we found out mom's cancer had moved to her brain. I love each one of them dearly and will never be able to thank each of them enough. I am forever grateful and I know my dad, sis, and mom would say the same! Our extended family is pretty incredible as well, but no one lives in town. :) One year I'm going to work hard on getting everyone here!

Mom, we love you to the moon and back and are so proud of who you've become since cancer. Your light shines and I just know you gave hope to the women and men at the race who are fighting this battle today. You amaze us every day. We don't take any day or year for granted!

Enjoy the pics! If you'd like to join us next year, we'd love to have you!

Decorated for BeeBee!




:)


The runner!! yay Brian!

Matthew and MB

The sweet Seevers Fam

love u daddy xo



Trent....my incredible husband and best friend

Rachel and her pink lemonade :)

YAY BeeBee!!

The sweetest

Mom's GREAT friends!! Denise, Ann, Theresa, and Kathy

:) I love my  BeeBee!

We're always here for you Mom!

Part of the team!!!!
I'll post about my birthday later :).
Love,

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! That's amazing that you guys have such an awesome supportive group! That's the first time I've heard of anyone being called Beebee! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I don't even know your family (except through your blog) and this made me tear up! So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a touching post, Maegan!!! Your family is so sweet! So happy your Mom is healthy now. This weighs so heavy on my heart today as I just got news yesterday an old friend from church was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday--she's 32 and has 4 kids!!! My heart just breaks but reading your post is such encouragement!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate ya'll's sweet comments. :) People are being told daily that they have cancer and I just pray that they know that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE with our Lord. Our God is sovereign!

    Sara-my heart breaks for your friend. Let me know if there is anything I can do...watch the kids, make a meal....xo I'm already praying. :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maegan, that picture that you captioned, "The Sweetest", totally has me crying. Love it and love your mom, as you well know. Wish I could have been there, maybe next year since I am so much closer now!

    Amy F.

    ReplyDelete