Wednesday, April 18, 2012

He Nailed it!

Why do I ever question God's intentions or his plans for me?! We are studying James in my bible study group and I could just sit and dwell in these chapters for a lifetime. What has challenged me the most is written so clearly in James chapter 4:

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or do that."  v 14-15
God, through James, has nailed it once again on MY head. Why do I keep thinking that I can plan my tomorrows? He knows exactly what I need and exactly when I need it. I need to not worry about tomorrow! My plans are like mist....fading and gone quicker than they came! Can you think of a time your plans fell through and God's plans turned out even better? I know we all can. I know too that his plans are sometimes meant to teach us a lesson...but he gives us everything we need to get through it.

This week has been a scary one for my family due to health concerns and procedures and I've been nervous, anxious, and have honestly felt every emotion that a human possibly can. But in these moments, God interrupts me. He puts some kind of distraction, road block, or message in my way to force me to refocus on Him and his word and to let me know he's here. A few examples in the last 24 hours....friends wanting to visit for awhile....friends wanting to pray with me....text messages, phonecalls, and hugs when I needed it the most...a sweet lady sharing Psalm 91 with me....bible study....Collins being extra cuddly this week and also more time consuming...Trent coming home early to surprise me....the list goes on! :) We don't always realize that these little tid bits are coming from Him, but they are!! I am overwhelmed with His love for me.

So, I'm just so thankful for the good friends and family in my life. Thank you God for being a constant in my life and for always reminding me to refocus on your word. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know that what "I" want and that what "I" need are pale in comparison to the plans He has already made for me and my dear family. Please keep my family in your prayers as we tackle another earthly problem with heavenly wisdom. Thank you!!

:) Recent pics of my sweetie pie. He's walking about 10 steps now at a time and loves to talk. He sings with me and loooves to be a wild man. Oh, he's the best.

Flipped it over!!

Mooching off of Sara. :)

Lunch date with Aunt Sissy's friends!

Being a good boy...trying to put his shoes back on!! :)

Likes straws, but doesn't understand them!


When he's naked, he grabs his belly and twists...too funny!

Who did this?!

:) Sportin' Miami gear for Aunt Sissy

If my cheeks weren't so big, I may be able to squeeze through...hmmm...

Collins and cuzzie, Kennedi!

Beautiful Kennedi


Such a great helper! Wish she lived closer!

Thanks Uncle Aaron for smiling. :)
I will post pics soon of my best friend Kristin's beautiful new baby, Lucie Vera! She's precious...took my breath away.

Love,

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you and your family, Maegan!!!

    ReplyDelete