Thursday, June 23, 2011

Windy City...Brrrrr!

 I can honestly say I was not prepared 'clothes wise' for the trip to Chicago!! I didn't check the weather (silly me) and just assumed that since it was June, it would be warm. I guess now that I have a baby, I need to become the family metorologist. hehe Luckily, Collins could dress in layers and we had blankets on hand!

Chicago was a blast! We stayed at an incredible 'W' hotel (light shows on the elevator!!), went shopping up and down Michigan Avenue, ate mouth watering deep dish pizza, and had Elizabeth's fun wedding on Saturday night! Elizabeth is a good childhood friend of mine and we grew up neighbors for almost 18 years. I moved into the house when I was three and my parents didn't move until I was 21! We've recently reconnected and it's been great catching up!

We are here!!

Collins wasn't sure of the whistles and cab horns, but he quickly got used to it!

Just SO excited to be out of his carseat!!!

Wow! Modern! Trent was in Heaven!

I like this. :)

So, the lampshade was white until you turned the lamp on. Then, it had a neat design!

Meeting Sheila! Sheila is one of my best friends from DePauw. She lives in Chicago and was SO nice to make the trip to our hotel to see Collins! Miss you She!

xoxo This picture makes me happy.


Always happy!
So much love in this picture!!


The yummiest pizza in the land! So think with cheesy goodness!

Our 3 mile run in the windy city!

The hotel had a running card. It told us where to run on our trek! How neat is that?

Our view while we ran. Much more fun than the neighborhood we train in. hehe

Me and Gummy Bear.

Just love these two to pieces!

Aunt Sis and Collins in the elevator!

Collins got to meet Lindsey! They had fun shopping together!

The four of us at Elizabeth's wedding! She was so beautiful!!
The beautiful table!


Mom and Dad all dressed up. xo

Me and Aunt Sis!
SO good to hang out with  Linds!

Have I ever mentioned how obsessed I am with my little niece Kennedi? Well, I am. She is the most beautiful and intelligent little 5 year old. She blows me away with her spunkiness...she's so fun! She will be headed to Kindergarten in the fall and her principal will be her Papaw. Just the sweetest! I don't think she'll ever end up the principal's office unless it's for candy or a hug. :)
What a sweet little girl!



Too cute!

She doesn't leave his side. She asked me, "Will he ever be old enough to play with me and pick me up?" hehe

We are on vacay this week and loving every minute. :) Trent, Matthew, MB, and I had date night last night in Kiawah and it was a perfect night. Music, crab legs, pina coladas, boats, little kiddos in beachy wear, fun conversation, and love everywhere. Life is just so great. :)

Love,

3 comments:

  1. so much fun! :) collins is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pics! :) Love that hotel... looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to stop feeding him so he slows down...hehe :)

    And yes, the hotel was fab! The check-in desks were lit up with hot pink lights!

    ReplyDelete