Friday, June 10, 2011

Where's Maegan?!

Wondering where I've been?

Cuddling. Kissing. Hugging. Squeezing. Being a mommy, wife, and teacher. :)

Those of you that read my blog and may not know me, let me give you a little background before I get any further. :) Baby Collins was born 2.9.11 and since that day I've been in love. I gush over every sound he makes, kiss his cheeks 500 times a day, and blush at the little shy smile he gives me every day. My materniy leave was over on 5.13.11 and so I headed back to work...excited to see my 5th graders and get back in the routine, but extremely heartbroken to leave my little one. Collins spent the past few weeks with my mom while I finished the year and what a blessing that was. To be fair to me I told myself I was not going to make any decisions about next year (going back or staying home) until I worked the last few weeks of school.

Well, these past two weeks have been the most challenging two weeks. Challenging on my heart, my mind, my future, and so much more. Although it's been hard, I can truthfully say that I haven't been lost. God has led my heart to make one of the toughest decisions that I may ever have to make. I prayed and prayed for guidance, clarity, and peace. And what did I receive? All of the above and a little more. I've trusted God's little pushes here and there and I feel 100% sure that we've made the right decision...together. I couldn't have done it without Him. So, what am I talking about? I'm going to be Collins' mommy and stay home with him!

What about teaching? This is the part that's harder than hard. I've loved being a teacher. The past 6 years have been so very rewarding and sweet. I can't believe I've taught 2nd, 3rd, and 5th! The hugs, the smiles, the lessons learned, the people I work with, the kids that you know you've made a difference with....this will all be terribly missed. I will miss the relationships the most. These kids, parents, and friends have been there with me through my engagement, my marriage, my mom's cancer, my pregnancy, and now Collins. They love me for me and know all about a tough day at work. :) I won't miss the day to day events, but I will miss the kids and seeing my dear friends on a daily basis.

So, we take this leap of faith and trust that the Lord will provide. I know there will be sacrifices and hardships, but I'm following my heart and believe that I'm truly following God's litle pushes. I can always go back to teaching and I think this helps me make sense of everything. For the meantime, I am Collins' teacher and it doesn't get better than that. A 1:1 ratio is a teacher's dream! xo

Here are some pics and videos from the past few weeks of Collins. We've been so very busy, so I will update next week with pics from Collins' 4 month check-up and party, my cousin's graduation, special visitors we've had, and so much more!




Collins, did you say something naughty?

Silly monkey!

Sweet angel. xo

He loves his fingers!

Getting SO big!

Wide mouthed smile!

Me and my bitty baby!

Not a fan of working out, but he's good at it!

I love my pj's and my BeeBee!

Happy Boy!

:)

Swimming with Daddy! There will be NO swimsuit pics from me. ha!

Worn out after his first swimming experience! He loved the chilly water!

What big eyes you have!

At the Boathouse! We saw duckies and turtles!

He loves his Daddy!

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Bottoms up!

A mischievous smile! :)

Sara and Collins at Stanley J's!

Meg and Collins. Collins can't wait for Harper to get here!

I found my toes this past week! Yummy!

:)

2 comments:

  1. BEST decision you will ever make....I promise. It's one of the hardest jobs in the world, but I know you will be an excellent Stay-at-home Mommy! I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There she is!! Welcome back. I missed you and my Collins fix. Honestly I was a little worried when you hadn't blogged for some time. I am so glad to hear that you were just being a mommy and enjoying time with Collins. I am glad God has provided for you and has helped you to make the decision to stay home with Collins. I know this will be a true blessing for you both.

    Thank you for all the photos and the two adorable videos. Collins has such a sweet disposition and heart warming smile.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete