Saturday, March 30, 2013

Witnessing a Miracle

I certainly don't take anything that God does for me for granted. But, am I surprised when he works miracles in our lives? No. Is my heart completely and utterly thankful? Yes!

We've been praying for twin baby Andrew since the first ultrasound. He's always been tinier than Amelia and although it hasn't been a huge concern of the doctors, it has been for me. I worry. It's my motherhood instinct. I fear. It's a sin that I ask forgiveness for every day. I have lifted Andrew up all times of the day....mostly during the middle of the night when sleep is not happening. :)

With twins, the goal is to have no more than a 20% discrepancy between the two weights. If it's greater, one is likely getting more nutrients than the other. We've always hovered around the 16-18% and that 20% was too close for comfort.

We went in for an ultrasound last week (32 weeks pregnant now), and the ultrasound tech said, "I think Andrew has caught up to his sister!" What did this mean? Is Amelia not gaining weight?? Are they closer in weight than they've ever been?

She took Amelia's measurements first and her weight came out to about 4 lbs. and 3-4 ounces. Such a peace came over me that Amelia was ok. Next, was Andrew....my baby B. She measured and measured and flipped over to the calculation screen. There it was.

Andrew. 4 lbs and 3 ounces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welling up inside, shaking on the outside....all with a heart that knew who to thank....relief and tears came. God is so good to me. God is SO good to me.

There are days when I feel like I never deserve ANY of God's grace and goodness. It's been a journey and I'm no where near perfect, but I am so thankful to be redeemed and completely loved by my Savior. Sitting in the doctor's chair, stats being thrown out all around me, talk about c-sections and the sort....all I wanted to do was thank God. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for loving my sweet babies and answering the deep prayers of a mommy's heart. Thank you for giving me, your undeserving child, such sweet special news.

As Easter comes this weekend, I am reminded by how loved I am. And my little ones. God is bigger than anything. God loves, he forgives, and he can do the unthinkable. He did it for me.

Love,

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for answered prayer!

    Continued blessings to you throughout this pregnancy.

    Love and miss you, Amy F.

    ReplyDelete